LS2 COPTER – A Well-Rounded Open Face Helmet for the Urban Rider
LS2 outputs helmets with a really good value for the money. The new COPTER open face helmet is an interesting entry-level three-quarter helmet with features seen on helmets $60-$80 more expensive. The shield/internal sun visor combo, for instance, with its wind diffuser alongside the bottom of the shield. Or the massive vents on top of the helmet, particularly suitable for riding in traffic when the weather is getting hot. The quick release chin strap locking is a nice touch too. LS2 also states the Copter has been tested in wind tunnel: not that we’ll ever verify this, but it’s cool to know they go the extra-mile to make their products more comfortable. The multi-density EPS liner certainly helps to make this open-face helmet a good fit for the urban rider.
On their own website, L2 adds:
“LS2’s Twin Shield System Drop Down Sun Shield engages and retracts smoothly with a new slider mechanism… The DOT-approved quick release chin strap makes it easy to get on and off. The comfort liner is made of a breathable fabric. It is removable and washable. This is a great commuter helmet and touring helmet. OVAL FIT.”
LS2 Copter Features:
- Three-quarter touring design, oval fit
- High pressure-formed thermoplastic shell
- Multi-density EPS liner
- 2 shell sizes
- Channeled top vents
- Clear quick-change polycarbonate face shield
- Removable, washable hypoallergenic helmet liner (multidensity EPS)
- Steel reinforced quick-release ratcheting buckle closure
- Polycarbonate face shield (“A Class”): optically correct, scratch and UV resistant.
- Quick change shield system.
- Built-in Sun Shield
- DOT approved quick release chin strap.
If you want to try it on, just come to our Sacramento store on Power Inn Rd, we have multiple sizes.
Call us before if you want to make sure we have your size. Again, the LS2 COPTER is best suited for oval-shaped skulls.